9 Tips to Help balance your Emotions
- Pause & take two minutes to breathe
Try using the 4–7–8 breathing exercise. Breathing only through your nose, count to four as you deeply inhale, then count to seven as you hold your breath, and count to eight as you exhale. Repeat the cycle three more times. (It takes two minutes.)
2. Drink herbal tea
You can add essential oils to hot water too—add a single drop or less of essential oils like Roman Chamomile, Lavender, or Melissa into herbal teas like chamomile to soothe the body and mind.* Try using Vetiver; it has a calming and grounding effect on emotions. Or put a single drop directly in your palms, cup your hands around your nose, and inhale.
3. Go outside to get fresh air
Go outside for a few minutes every day. It can help you refocus and feel better.
4. Add some movement to your day or exercise – even a short walk
5. Set out 10 minutes for meditation
Pick the same time and place every day. Keep track of your breaths or visualize your favorite spot in nature and keep your focus on that only. You can also increase the effects of mediation by diffusing calming oils like Frankincense.
6. Give yourself a hand massage
According to a 2008 study by the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, a five-minute hand massage can lower stress levels. Add a drop of Ylang Ylang or AromaTouch® and a little Fractionated Coconut Oil into your palms and massage your hand slowly using the AromaTouch Hand Technique.
7. Apply a roll-on like PastTense® or doTERRA Peace®
PastTense uses a fresh, cooling aroma that can ease stressful feelings and promote a sense of calm. doTERRA Peace helps promote feelings of contentment, composure, and reassurance when anxious feelings overwhelm you. You can apply either blend to your temples, wrists, or the back of your neck.
8. Get enough sleep – bodies need 7-9 hours of uninterrupted sleep
9. Generate a support system
Sometimes you need other people to lean on. Remember you’re not alone, and never be afraid to ask for help. Ask someone to listen for a few minutes or ask for a non-sexual hug (appropriate human touch is proven to help relieve stress on its own). It might help you more than you realize.
Balance Blend Link – http://bit.ly/2P8In3M
Steady Blend link – http://bit.ly/2P9rsyk
Calming Anxious Feelings – http://bit.ly/2P6QCxm
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.