Estrogen Hormone Therapy
What exactly is estrogen, and why is it important?
Estrogen is a compound of a group of sex hormones found in both males and females, although the levels in females are much higher than in males. Women produce estrogen hormones in the ovaries, and these hormones are essential to the characteristics of women, especially during puberty – breasts, pubic and armpit hair, higher pitched voices, as well as regulating menstrual periods and other aspects of the reproductive system including our sensuality.
Estrogen works a bit different in males – since they don’t have the same anatomy – testosterone is converted into smaller amounts into estrogen. In male bodies, estrogen helps primarily with preserving bone mass, but it is also an important part of their own reproductive health, as well as body weight.
Benefits of estrogen to both males and females include:
- Bone health – estrogen helps to prevent bone mass loss and preserve bone health, reducing the risk of osteoporosis and brittle bones
- Skin health – estrogen is the ‘youth’ hormone, in that it helps skin to maintain elasticity and prevent the look of aging, in addition to reducing acne
- Liver and heart health – estrogen aids in regulating cholesterol production and blood pressure, helping to control cardiovascular disease
- Brain receptors – estrogen is one of the many chemical carriers to the brain that help to maintain a proper body temperature, provide that ‘feel-good’ sensation, and is also helpful in regulating the part of the brain that is linked to sexual development
Importance of estrogen in females include:
- Assisting the production and release of healthy eggs/ova
- Balancing vaginal acidity, reducing infections caused by bacteria
- Maintaining regular menstrual periods
- Creating a healthy internal atmosphere during pregnancy, working alongside the progesterone hormone
- Maintaining the strength and thickness of the vaginal wall and urethral lining
- Producing vaginal lubrication
- Preventing ovarian cysts, or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Hormone Replacement Therapy – A Natural Treatment for Andropause
Natural Hormone Therapy Replacement is a proven treatment method to help regain a healthy testosterone balance. When administered properly, Hormone Replacement Therapy for men can bring your hormones back to a healthy and normal state, which will improve your overall health and well-being. When your hormones are at their optimal levels, side effects and symptoms are reduced or reversed.
This natural andropause treatment allows you to get back to healthy levels of these important balancing chemical messengers. Bioidentical hormones are acquired from natural plant-based sources. They are biologically identical in molecular structure and functionality to our bodies’ naturally produced hormones. Because of the natural and identical structure, these hormones are readily accepted by our bodies, without causing any harmful risks or side effects.
Based on your individual needs, Bioidentical Hormone Therapy is provided in the most beneficial dosage to bring your hormone levels to a normal state, improving your overall health and well-being, and reducing or even reversing any negative side effects from your time with hormonal deficiency.
Common favorable outcomes experienced by men after our Natural Andropause Hormone Therapy Treatment include:
- Higher levels of energy, motivation and concentration
- Enhanced sex drive and decreased erectile dysfunction
- Better sleep and moods
- Decreased irritability
- Increased muscle strength, stamina and performance
- Increased happiness and reduced depression
- Healthier metabolic numbers
What Causes Reduced Estrogen Levels?
Hormonal imbalances are not caused by just one factor; they are caused by a contribution of multiple factors, both internal and external.
While there are times that our bodies will naturally produce a lower level of estrogen – specifically, immediately after pregnancy or menopause, other factors may contribute to the imbalance of this important hormone.
Risk factors that you can control include:
- Diet – a diet that is high in processed foods is a major culprit
- Sedentary lifestyle – not getting enough exercise can lead to several major health complications
- Stress levels – everyday stresses can affect hormone levels drastically
- Environmental toxin exposure – living in heavily populated cities with human-produced pollution can affect your hormones and create other various health concerns
Risk factors that are out of your control:
- Genetic disposition – if it runs in your family, may or may not affect you as well
- Medical history – some medications and health problems contribute to hormonal imbalances, even after you’ve stopped treatment or resolved the issue
- Age –in men causes a natural degeneration of hormone production that can lead to andropause.
- Environmental toxin exposure – yes, this is listed under both controllable and non-controllable. You can choose to live away from a pollution-producing factory, but you can’t choose to live away from natural pollutions such as pollen dispersal and organic compound evaporation (rain!).
What is Estrogen Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Decreased sexual drive, weight gain, low energy levels, depression and mood changes, poor concentration and memory, chronic pain and/or fatigue can all be attributed to an imbalance in hormone levels. Many people attribute these things to general aging, and while that may be generally true, that doesn’t mean that these symptoms cannot be treated and often reversed entirely. If you experience any of these symptoms, you may be a candidate for Bioidentical Hormone Therapy.
The above is not a complete list. There are numerous factors and symptoms that may be a signal you have a hormone deficiency. It is important to understand that a negative change in your hormonal balance will affect individuals differently, and can differ based on several factors, such as age, gender, environmental factors, and pre-existing health conditions.
Estrogen Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy allows you to get back to healthy levels of these important balancing chemical messengers. Bioidentical hormones are acquired from natural plant-based sources. They are biologically identical in molecular structure and functionality to our bodies’ naturally produced hormones. Because of the natural and identical structure, these hormones are readily accepted by our bodies, without causing any harmful risks or side effects.
Based on your individual needs, Bioidentical Hormone Therapy is provided in the most beneficial dosage to bring your hormone levels to an optimal state for you, improving your overall health and well-being, and reducing or even reversing any negative side effects from your time with hormonal deficiency.
What is the process?
An appointment begins with a complimentary consultation to learn more and to discuss available options. Medstudio offers testing for hormones, micronutrients, food intolerances and sensitivities, gut health and much more. Medstudio is staffed with highly qualified nurse practitioners who will also discuss any lifestyle conditions that may be having an impact on your hormone levels. This may include other health conditions, lifestyle habits, stress levels, as well as your personal goals for this treatment. Medstudio creates a personalized treatment plan tailored just for you and your needs.
The methods of Bioidentical Hormone Therapy administration vary, and while certain methods may be recommended by your provider, ultimately the choice is up to you to decide what method they are most comfortable with – creams, gels, injections, pills, pellets.
Patients are empowered and continually supported. You are encouraged to contact MedStudio at any time to schedule an appointment.