Hormone Treatments for Menopause
Hormones and Menopause
The process of Menopause is biologically natural for most women in their 40’s, 50’s and 60s, although it can begin much earlier in life for a few. Typical diagnosis of Menopause happens after 12 consecutively missed periods or after a total hysterectomy. This happens when the body experiences a natural decline in the production of reproductive hormones – estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. Estrogen and progesterone are the hormones created by your ovaries that regulate menstruation and fertility. Eventually, once these hormones are no longer being produced, your ovaries will stop producing and releasing eggs, and periods will cease.
Menopause may also be brought on early by different medical treatments, including total hysterectomies, chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Symptoms will vary for each woman, but the most common one is experiencing irregular periods.
Common symptoms for women during menopause include:
- Vaginal Dryness
- Low libido
- Weight gain
- Thinning hair
- Mood changes and irritability
- Skin issues, including acne and dryness
- Hot flashes, chills and night sweats
- Insomnia and sleep disturbances
- Loss of breast fullness
Why are hormones so important?
Our bodies are complex machines. In order for our bodies to fully function properly, we require hormones. Hormones are chemical carriers of signals or messages for various parts of our bodies – simple signals such as when it’s time to eat or sleep; or more complex messages such as regulating body temperature, mood awareness and emotions. Essentially, hormones are what control how our bodies react to stress, both good and bad.
As our bodies age, the hormones being produced begin to decline. This is what causes many age-related diseases, as our bodies send and receive fewer signals from fewer hormones. This production upset can affect metabolism, energy levels, moods and mental acuity, reproduction, digestion and may cause many other health issues.
Complications and medical conditions that may arise after menopause include:
- Cardiovascular disease – maintaining a healthy diet, getting enough exercise and maintaining a healthy weight is important to reduce cholesterol and blood pressure levels that can lead to heart disease. Estrogen plays a key role as well.
- Osteoporosis – the estrogen hormone is also responsible for preventing bone mass loss, so when this hormone is dramatically reduced, your bones become weak and brittle, increasing your risk of osteoporosis and fractures
- Incontinence – caused by a decrease in elasticity within your vagina, you may experience an involuntary loss of urine with coughing, sneezing, laughing or lifting; you become more susceptible to urinary tract infections
- Sexual discomfort – experiencing discomfort, slight bleeding from tears during or after intercourse, due to less or no vaginal moisture production as well as a decrease in elasticity
Hormone Treatments for Menopause
Natural Hormone Therapy Replacement is a proven treatment method to help regain healthy estrogen, progesterone and testosterone balances. When administered properly, Hormone Replacement Therapy for menopausal women can bring your hormones back to a healthy and normal state, which will improve your overall health and well-being. When your hormones are at their optimal levels, side effects and symptoms are reduced or reversed.
This natural menopause treatment allows you to get back to healthy levels of these important balancing chemical messengers. Bioidentical hormones are acquired from natural plant-based sources. They are biologically identical in molecular structure and functionality to our bodies’ naturally produced hormones. Because of the natural and identical structure, these hormones are readily accepted by our bodies, without causing any harmful risks or side effects.
Based on your individual needs, Bioidentical Hormone Therapy is provided in the most beneficial dosage to bring your hormone levels to a normal or optimal state, improving your overall health and well-being, and reducing or even reversing any negative side effects from your time with hormonal deficiency.
Many women feel as though there are little or no options once they’ve reached this stage in their life, and they accept it as it is. With our natural menopause treatment, you don’t have to accept it – you have an option, and there is treatment available to make you look and feel like your best self again.
Common favorable outcomes experienced by women after our Natural Menopausal Hormone Therapy Treatment include:
- Successful weight management and weight loss
- Improved mood and reduced irritability
- Heightened sexual interest and desire
- More optimistic mental and emotional attitude
- Noticeably healthier hair, skin and nails
What is the process?
An appointment begins with a complimentary consultation to learn more and to discuss available options. Medstudio offers testing for hormones, micronutrients, food intolerances and sensitivities, gut health and much more. Medstudio is staffed with highly qualified nurse practitioners who will also discuss any lifestyle conditions that may be having an impact on your hormone levels. This may include other health conditions, lifestyle habits, stress levels, as well as your personal goals for this treatment. Medstudio creates a personalized treatment plan tailored just for you and your needs.
The methods of Bioidentical Hormone Therapy administration vary, and while certain methods may be recommended by your provider, ultimately the choice is up to you to decide what method they are most comfortable with – creams, gels, injections, pills, pellets.
Patients are empowered and continually supported. You are encouraged to contact MedStudio at any time to schedule an appointment.