Did you know that according to the American Academy of Dermatology Association, over 80 million men and women are affected by hereditary hair loss? Some signs of hair loss are gradual thinning, receding hair line and patchy bald spots.
MedStudio is committed to offering affordable solutions to treat hair loss. Hair loss can be devastating, is a common struggle for both men and women and requires a multi approach. PRP, nutritional support, chemical reduction – like changing hair products, stress reduction are just a few ways to help.
Many conditions can cause hair loss and it’s usually divided into 2 categories:
- Scarring: might lead to permanent destruction of the hair follicle.
- Non-scarring: most situations the hair follicles remain intact.
The majority of hair loss situations are non-scarring. This might include conditions like pattern baldness and telogen effluvium (stress related), or excessive hair shedding.
Pattern baldness in both women and men can be genetic (family) and/or hormonal. Take a look at family pictures, family gatherings or reunions. Hormonal factors might also play a role especially when out of balance or when a deficiency exists.
Excessive hair shedding may have common triggers like a major illness, surgery, rapid weight loss, prolonged fasting, nutritional deficiency, thyroid problems, medications and stress or trauma.
What else might cause hair loss?
- Medications:used to treat high blood pressure, heart problems, depression, or gout; chemotherapy or radiation treatment for cancer; synthetic hormone replacement therapy like birth control pills.
- Vitamins: in some cases, unusually high levels of vitamin A; low levels of iron.
- Nutritional: low levels of protein.
- Hormones: thyroid disease, hormone imbalances or deficiencies that are common in peri-menopause, menopause, andropause or Low T.
- Trauma or Illness: traction hair loss resulting from certain hair styles that may cause trauma to the hair follicles, or repetitive pulling and breaking of one’s own hair, folliculitis or severe infection..
PRP – part of the solution. What Is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)?
Did you know your blood is made up of plasma, red cells, white cells and platelets? Platelets contain hundreds of proteins, also known as growth factors, that are important in healing injuries. Platelet-rich plasma is a process where your own blood is drawn, the platelets are separated and increased in concentration through a special spinning process and then used for treatment. Since this treatment uses your own blood, it is a safe and natural process to help your hair loss improve.
This process produces plasma has 5-10 times more platelets than usual. This isn’t a new fad but has been around for years, and even professional athletes, like Tiger Woods, have accredited their quick recovery to it. Watch a video on the process here.
Platelet-Rich Plasma for Hair Loss
Why waste money on treatment options that don’t treat the root cause of the issue or include severe side effects? Set up your free consultation to get started.