Everyone ages and you start to lose your natural hormone levels.
The reduction of the 3 main hormones Estrogen, Progesterone, and Testosterone in women and Testosterone in men can cause a lot of symptoms affecting your health and the way you feel.
There are a variety of types of headaches including:
1) Migraines with or without Aura
4) Trigeminal Neuralgia
5) Proximal Hemicranial
6) Post Herpetic Opthalmicus
7) Occipital Neuralgia
8) Atypical Facial Pain
9) Secondary and Other Headaches
Many have said, “I could deal with the headache if it was minor and ‘one & done.’” And for many people, the long term effects and disruption to life is overwhelming.
The American Migraine Study II ( which had almost 4,000 migraine sufferers help in the study) shows that migraines were most prevalent in:
- People between the ages of 35 and 55
- 91% miss work or can’t function normally during migraine attack
- 70% of all migraine sufferers are women
- 69% have consulted a physician at some time seeking treatment for migraine pain
- 63% have one or more migraine attacks monthly
- 59% missed family or social events
- 51% said migraines cut in half their work or school productivity
- Almost half of all migraine sufferers are have not been diagnosed
- 49% said they had to restrict activities for at least one day during a migraine episode
- 47% of people who have symptoms that meet the guidelines to be diagnosed with migraines thought they had a tension headache, sinus headache or another type of headache
- 25% have one or more migraines a week
- 24% have gone to the emergency room because the migraine pain was so severe
This study and numbers show migraines are not rare.
So, why do they happen?
Hormones and Migraines
Since the 1960’s there’s been a connection between certain hormone imbalances and migraines.1 Estrogen has been prescribed in various forms for the treatment of menopausal hormones. Many times, people don’t see the pattern and connect hormones and migraines. Women and even men should not have to suffer in silence.
And of course, information is great when evaluating and learning about your health choices. Ultimately, only a qualified licensed medical provider can make a qualified diagnosis and recommendation. While this document is not to be used to diagnose, treat or cure any type of illness or health condition, we hope it will make you interested enough to seek more information and get your life back. After all, it’s Your Health. Your Choice. Your Journey. We are here to guide you.
Want to learn more?
If you have symptoms and want relief, call or email MedStudio today to schedule your 30 minute free no obligation consult to learn more about how we can help you feel better.
1 http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/guide/hormones- headaches