What Is Hair Loss?
Hair loss, or shedding, is a natural part of the hair life cycle. Then again, if you’re a woman noticing bald spots or excessive shedding, you could be dealing with more serious hair loss issues.
- Regular Hair Loss: Between 50-100 hairs a day, occasionally increases due to stressors (Telogen Effluvium) such as weight loss, pregnancy, or over styling (40% of women).
- Serious Hair Loss: Effects hair follicle regrowth cycle, creates excessive hair loss. Caused by hereditary hair loss, female-pattern baldness, and alopecia. Affects 80 million men and women in the US.
What Causes Hair Loss?
As you can see, hair loss in women can be caused by several different things. Even though hair loss in women is not life-threatening, it can still have damaging psychological effects. Unlike men, once women start losing hair, it’s harder to regrow, and can create a low sense of self.
If you are experiencing hair loss, you need treatment now. Unfortunately, there is only one medicine approved for women in the US: Minoxidil. While this can help slow hair loss and promote regrowth, it can also have unwanted side effects, and only works with daily application. If Minoxidil doesn’t work, dermatologists can also offer scalp surgery.
Afraid to go under the knife, but even more afraid of living with hair loss? There is a better option with Platelet-Rich Plasma treatments at MedStudio.
PRP therapy with MedStudio
Platelet-rich plasma is a natural, safe way to promote hair regrowth in women by using your own body to help heal itself. Take a look at our process:
- Assess your hair loss symptoms with our medical team.
- Safely extract your blood and place within a centrifugation to separate and increase platelets.
- Platelet-rich plasma is then safely injected back into your scalp’s hair follicles to stimulate new hair growth.
- Process takes 30 minutes.
- Follow Up: One treatment each month for three months, then every 3-6 months.
- No reactions or irritations.
Don’t continue to live in frustration with your hair loss. Contact us, today, to set up your free consultation.