Fast Acne Facts:
- 3/4 people (11-30 years) are affected.
- Usually occurs on the face.
- Also found on the back, chest, shoulders, buttocks.
- Women get hormonal acne more than men.
- Hormonal Imbalance (Androgen)
- Oily Body Products
- Poor Hygiene
Possible Side Effects with Typical Acne TreatmentIn order to heal acne, typical treatment options are based on your severity level, see some examples below which include possible side effects (or PSE).
- Over-the-Counter: Topical gels or creams for mild acne like sulfur, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide. PSE: burning, skin irritation.
- Coricosteroid Injections: Specific to cyst treatments. PSE: thinning tissue.
- Oral/Topical Antibiotics: Treats moderate to severe acne and include erythromycin, tretinoin, tetracycline. PSE: develop antibiotic resistance, correlated conditions.
- Oral Contraceptives: Reduces hormonal acne in women. PSE: heart problems, weight gain.
MedStudio’s MicroPen Treatment to Heal AcneSince traditional medications used to heal acne can have negative side effects so what can you do to help safely heal acne? This is where MedStudio’s MicroPen program can help. This minimally invasive procedure uses a MicroPen to create hundreds of microscopic channels in the skin to stimulate your body’s natural healing process. These channels clear away pore-clogging debris, and promote collagen and elastin development for renewed, healthier skin. When used several times throughout the year, this can be an effective tool for preventing acne and dramatically reducing acne scars.
Healing Acne: The Procedure and Process
- Applied topical anesthetic to reduce discomfort
- Performed with MicroPen in office
- Little recovery time
- Results within 24 hours