The Facts About Insulin Resistance
According to Everyday Health, your body “breaks down carbs into glucose, or sugar, which is then released into your bloodstream [for energy].” In order for glucose to be properly absorbed, you need healthy levels of insulin, a hormone produced in your pancreas. Insulin resistance is when your body needs more insulin to absorb glucose into your cells, which can lead to a high blood sugar levels.
Symptoms of Insulin Resistance
You could be insulin resistant for years without showing any symptoms which is why it’s important for regular blood glucose level check-ups, like A1C testing. The only known symptoms are occasionally fatigue or dark patches formed on the skin (acanthuses nigricans). Insulin resistance increases your risk of pre-diabetes, diabetes, and other diseases if left untreated. Learn more about them here.
Ways To Help Prevent Insulin Resistance:
- Regular exercise
- Balanced diet
- Maintaining a Healthy Weight
- Reduce stress
- And more!
Catering To Everyone’s Needs
This time of year, it can be hard for those struggling with insulin resistance due to holiday sweets and carb-heavy meals that can cause your blood sugar to negatively spike. Good luck telling your well-meaning, food-pushing family member that you’re passing up the entire meal and dessert. Fortunately, you can connect with MedStudio to assess and manage your insulin resistance. It is ideal to begin treatment during the holidays in order to help you navigate any challenges while still enjoying your times of celebration.
While your best chance to preventing or reversing insulin resistance is by making lifestyle changes, you might need additional help, especially if you are going through Andropause, Menopause, or have any risk factors. This is where MedStudio can help.
- We start with a complimentary consultation with a trained professional to access your unique situation.
- We offer food sensitivity and gut sensitivity testing, as well as IV drip therapy to heal your digestive system.
- If you need to lose weight, we offer natural hormone therapy to help safely regulate your body’s natural process.
- We follow through to ensure your personalized plan fits your lifestyle and genuinely helps fight against insulin resistance.
Don’t feel sick and left out this holiday season. Contact us, today, so that we can help you navigate the cookies, carbs and everything in between.