Hormones in WomenThe three primary sex hormones found in women are estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. Check out what each hormone does, below, and learn how they affect the sexes differently. Estrogen (In Women Only):
- Glowing Skin
- Clear Mind
- Increased Sensuality
- Better Sleep
- Peace of Mind
- Stabilized Emotions.
- Increased Muscle Tone
- Weight Management
- Increased Sex Drive
- Poor Diet (processed foods, soy and beer are major culprits)
- Stress (progesterone transforms into cortisol [the stress hormone])
Hormone Changes in LifeHormones first change during puberty with increased hair growth, sexual maturity and mood swings. Pre-menopause starts in the late 40s until 12 months from your last period when menopause occurs. The loss of estrogen that takes place during menopause creates a greater risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, emotional issues, lack of sex drive, brain fog, hot flashes and many other symptoms.
Managing Hormonal Changes with MedStudioMedStudio is a private medical clinic which utilizes natural hormone therapy to help women and men navigate the many changes that occur during menopause and andropause. Here is the process:
- Consultation: A nurse practitioner will test hormone levels, life stressors and food allergies.
- Personalized Treatment Plan: Depending on your needs, you will receive natural hormone therapy through gels, creams, pills, or injections to alleviate menopause symptoms.
- Monitor and Support: We will be there for you every step of the way.