Hormones are chemicals that are produced and stored in glands (testes, ovaries, thyroid, pancreas and adrenals), and directly secreted into the blood stream in response to signals from the brain. This is known as the endocrine system. Learn more about the vital hormone process throughout your life.
Hormones in Women
The three primary sex hormones found in women are estrogen, progesterone and testosterone. Check out what each hormone does, below, and learn how they affect the sexes differently.
Estrogen (In Women Only):
- Glowing Skin
- Clear Mind
- Increased Sensuality
- Better Sleep
- Peace of Mind
- Stabilized Emotions.
- Increased Muscle Tone
- Weight Management
- Increased Sex Drive
There is a delicate balance of hormones within the body. When they get out of sync, adverse things can happen (decreased sex drive, PMS, acne, cellulite, poor sleep, etc.).
Things That Affect Hormones
- Poor Diet (processed foods, soy and beer are major culprits)
- Stress (progesterone transforms into cortisol [the stress hormone])
Hormone Changes in Life
Hormones first change during puberty with increased hair growth, sexual maturity and mood swings. Pre-menopause starts in the late 40s until 12 months from your last period when menopause occurs. The loss of estrogen that takes place during menopause creates a greater risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, emotional issues, lack of sex drive, brain fog, hot flashes and many other symptoms.
Managing Hormonal Changes with MedStudio
MedStudio is a private medical clinic which utilizes natural hormone therapy to help women and men navigate the many changes that occur during menopause and andropause.
Here is the process:
- Consultation: A nurse practitioner will test hormone levels, life stressors and food allergies.
- Personalized Treatment Plan: Depending on your needs, you will receive natural hormone therapy through gels, creams, pills, or injections to alleviate menopause symptoms.
- Monitor and Support: We will be there for you every step of the way.
Don’t continue to suffer with hormonal changes, schedule your free consultation at one of our Twin Cities locations, today.