Low T Clinic
What is Low T?
Low T (testosterone), also sometimes called hypogonadism, is an imbalance within the hormonal system. It typically affects men the most, although a small amount of testosterone is found in women and is necessary to maintain optimal health in both genders.
Testosterone is one of the major hormones in men – it is responsible for muscle mass, facial and body hair, and deep voices, among other things. It’s estimated that male testosterone begins to decline in production by about 1-2% per year by the mid-20s. Once men reach their 30s, this number starts to climb showing a larger decrease in the production of testosterone. Whether you’re on time for the natural decline in testosterone or are experiencing an imbalance earlier in life, Low T will create a gradual onslaught of unpleasant symptoms in many males.
Causes and Symptoms of Low T
Low T and other hormonal imbalances are not caused by just one factor; they are caused by a contribution of multiple factors, both internal and external.
Risk factors that you can control include:
- Diet – a diet that is high in processed foods is a major culprit
- Sedentary lifestyle – not getting enough exercise can lead to several major health complications
- Stress levels – everyday stresses can affect hormone levels drastically
- Environmental toxin exposure – living in heavily populated cities with human-produced pollution can affect your hormones and create other various health concerns
Risk factors that are out of your control:
- Genetic disposition – if it runs in your family, may or may not affect you as well
- Medical history – some medications and health problems including removal of a teste may contribute to hormonal imbalances, even after you’ve stopped treatment or resolved the issue.
- Age –in men causes a natural degeneration of hormone production that can lead to andropause.
- Environmental toxin exposure – yes, this is listed under both controllable and non-controllable. You can choose to live away from a pollution-producing factory, but you can’t choose to live away from natural pollutions such as pollen dispersal and organic compound evaporation (rain!).
While both men and women can have hormonal imbalances, men tend to have similar symptoms but called by different names. Unfortunately, a hormonal imbalance in men can often go misdiagnosed or may not be properly acknowledged as the underlying cause of another issue.
Common symptoms for men with a hormone imbalance include:
- Decreased sexual performance/erectile dysfunction
- Low libido/sex drive
- Weight gain/Loss of muscle mass
- Fatigue and/or insomnia
- Brain fog/difficulty making decisions
- Anxiety and depression
- Loss of motivation/”midlife crisis”
- Metabolic syndrome
The only way to know for certain if these symptoms are a cause of Low T is to check specifically for this issue. It is most commonly performed as a blood test, however can be done through saliva or urine testing as well.
How can the Low T clinic help me?
Natural Hormone Therapy Replacement is a proven treatment method to help regain a healthy testosterone balance. When administered properly, Hormone Replacement Therapy including testosterone for men can bring your hormones back to a healthy and normal state, which will improve your overall health and well-being. When your hormones are at their optimal levels, side effects and symptoms are reduced or reversed.
This natural Low T treatment allows you to get back to healthy levels of these important balancing chemical messengers. Bioidentical hormones are acquired from natural plant based sources. They are biologically identical in molecular structure and functionality to our bodies’ naturally produced hormones. Because of the natural and identical structure, these hormones are readily accepted by our bodies, without causing any harmful risks or side effects.
Based on your individual needs, Bioidentical Hormone Therapy is provided in the most beneficial dosage to bring your hormone levels to a normal state, improving your overall health and well-being, and reducing or even reversing any negative side effects from your time with hormonal deficiency.
Common favourable outcomes experienced by men after our Low T Clinic Therapy include:
- Higher levels of energy, motivation and concentration
- Enhanced sex drive and decreased erectile dysfunction
- Better sleep and moods
- Decreased irritability
- Increased muscle strength, stamina and performance
- Increased happiness and reduced depression
- Healthier metabolic numbers
What is the process?
An appointment begins with a complimentary consultation to learn more and to discuss available options. Medstudio offers testing for hormones, micronutrients, food intolerances and sensitivities, gut health and much more. Medstudio is staffed with highly qualified nurse practitioners who will also discuss any lifestyle conditions that may be having an impact on your hormone levels. This may include other health conditions, lifestyle habits, stress levels, as well as your personal goals for this treatment. Medstudio creates a personalized treatment plan tailored just for you and your needs.
The methods of Bioidentical Hormone Therapy administration vary, and while certain methods may be recommended by your provider, ultimately the choice is up to you to decide what method they are most comfortable with – creams, gels, injections, pills, pellets.
Patients are empowered and continually supported. You are encouraged to contact MedStudio at any time to schedule an appointment.
Further reading on Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
Estrogen Hormone Therapy
Low-Dose Naltrexone Therapy
Menopausal Hormone Therapy
Hormone Treatments for Menopause
Hormone Replacement Therapy for Men
Hormone Replacement Therapy
NHT for Men
Mens Testosterone Clinic
Bioidentical Hormone Therapy
Andropause Natural Treatment